Are you looking for a shipping solution? Maybe you need to change freight carriers? Find out what the hard working and reliable people at Team Worldwide can do over land, sea and air
Thanks to Joe Hoffman for taking time during a busy campaign!
Important Note: The questions are listed in the "Candidate Interview Questions" sections to be fair to everyone. Surreal ValeCity has a very strict policy to remain neutral and present only the facts. This is a straight, unedited, copy / paste from a Microsoft Word document. Thanks to Joe for the answers and his time!
- Will you introduce / support a law limiting city council to 2 terms?
2) Will you accept contributions from special interest groups (including unions), major corporations, Political Action Committees?
3) What is your stance on Allentown's Sanctuary City status? Do you believe it violates Federal laws? Do you support people in this country illegally?
I am opposed to the sanctuary city concept.
Yes, it violates Federal Laws.
4) How do you plan to convince the rest of City Council to agree with your ideas?
By giving concrete examples on alternative solutions.
5) How far are you willing to compromise to have your ideas passed?
Effective government requires reasonable compromise without sacrificing principles.
6) What are your ideas / plans to increase suicide awareness / prevention? Have you or are you planning on attending an Out of the Darkness Walk?
Creating a council courtesy of the floor to require attention to important issues.
I would gladly consider attending an Out of the Darkness Walk.
7) The homeless is a serious situation everywhere. Allentown has an "out of sight, out of mind" mentality. What are your ideas for realistic solutions? By realistic I mean: jobs with affordable housing for people who want out of that life.
Develop a foundation based homeless consortium that would generate non tax, non fee revenue to create temporary apartment addresses so homeless people who already obtained jobs can actually accept them.
8) Do you have any plans to attract businesses that will hire based on proven life experience?
Yes, through selective revenues from banks and private investors that provide startup capital for such businesses.
9) Warehouse jobs are fading, especially due to automation. What are your plans to migrate Allentown away from this industry?
Rather than migrate people from jobs they already have I propose through my millennial leadership council to train them for better jobs in the government and nonprofit sectors.
10) Do you or have you taken Lanta Bus?
Yes, I have taken Lanta bus many times over the years.
11) There is a chance raising minimum wage too fast will hurt small businesses. What are your thoughts, ideas, plans?
I agree raising minimum wage too fast will hurt small businesses. At this time, I would prefer to stay with current city policy which provides for a gradual minimum wage increase over the next three to five years.
12) Do you support open primary elections? Elections where you do not have to be a registered Democrat or Republican. Especially since, on the local level, the outcome could be decided in the primaries.
13) Why is Allentown not a leader in areas like suicide prevention, Violence / Domestic Violence awareness and support, helping the Homeless and more? What are your plans / ideas?
Because Allentown is in severe financial distress!
To raise non tax, non-fee alternative revenues as I have in the past 40 years of my career.
Ready for reliable and friendly service in a towing company? Combined with competitive rates? Call Force 1 Towing and Auto Body in Catasauqua at 610-266-6721