Alaska COVID-19 and Influenza Weekly Case Update: July 3 – July 9, 2022
he Alaska Department of Health Weekly COVID-19 and Influenza Update has been updated with data from the week of July 3 - July 9, 2022 and can be viewed here.
- COVID-19 transmission remained widespread in most parts of Alaska during the week of July 3–July 9, 2022, with evidence for increasing cases in some areas but decreases elsewhere.
- The number of patients hospitalized with COVID-19 has increased over the past few weeks (see graph below illustrating hospital beds occupied by persons with COVID-19). Most parts of Alaska are at the “medium” or “high” COVID Community Level as defined by CDC. Learn more about CDC’s recommended prevention steps at each community level here.
- Respiratory viruses can circulate year-round in Alaska. Actions such as staying home when sick, washing hands, and improving ventilation can protect you, your family, and your community from COVID-19, influenza, and other pathogens.
- The State of Alaska COVID-19 vaccines update page
- The State of Alaska COVID-19 information page provides more information about the virus and how individuals and businesses can protect themselves and others from transmission.
- The DOH Business and Employer Toolkits page has communications resources for any organization that wants to keep workers, partners, clients, and customers informed about COVID-19.
- DOH COVID-19 Communication Toolkit provides PSAs, flyers, and social media graphics.
- Subscribe to the DOH Insights blog for behind-the-scenes news about Alaska’s COVID-19 response and other efforts to protect the health and well-being of Alaskans.
- DOH offers free presentations upon request to groups about COVID-19, the vaccines, COVID-19 prevention, or other health topics upon request. Learn more or request a presentation on our Speaker’s Bureau web page.
- For the most up-to-date case information, see the Alaska COVID-19 Information Hub dashboard: coronavirus.alaska.gov. All dashboard data are updated Wednesdays (except holidays)
Are you looking for a shipping solution? Maybe you need to change freight carriers? Find out what the hard working and reliable people at Team Worldwide can do over land, sea and air